- Added about 35 words to the glossary of Japanese <-> English fandom terminology.
- Started reading 「同人界」の論理－行為者の利害-関心と資本の変換－ (Logic of the fan community) by Nobushige Hichibe, which is about the motivations of doujinshi creators.
- Added a few presentations to university repository. This took so much time that I left the rest of the presentations for tomorrow because I could feel my brain shriveling up. You'd think that since we have bibtex, all repositories or services aimed at academics would allow bibtex import and export, and we'd be done with endlessly hand-copying academic output to wherever it needs to be listed. I suppose that would be too convenient or something. (Academia.edu also has no bibtex import and export, by the way. A few other academic networking services can handle bibtex, but everybody in area studies and fan studies seems to be on Academia.edu. *grumble*)
- Started work on the section on doujinshi exchange infrastructure, specifically doujinshi conventions. Not linking to wiki because the page looks weird because of a random baffling Semantic Mediawiki glitch. Nggggh. Really, I love learning new software, and getting to the bottom of Mediawiki myself instead of asking someone else to set up a wiki has taught me so much. But why does it always break. (Because I'm not good enough at Mediawiki administration yet, I know, but.)
- Did a good deal of research on how to rework a dissertation into a book, sent inquiry to publisher to see how they feel about book manuscripts based on dissertations that have been published open access.
- Agreed to submit something for Console-Ing Passions 2014, ruminated on good topic. Unfortunately too tired to ruminate properly today.
....I didn't sleep very well last night, can you tell. On the plus side, the heatwave in Belgium is over! Normal temperatures <3